Beef Ox Tail
Product Weight: 2 - 3 lbs
- In a stockpot, saute the oxtails, carrots, onion, celery, leeks and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, bouillon, seasonings and water. Bring to a boil. Skim off any foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in barley; cover and continue to simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Add additional water if necessary.
- Remove oxtails; set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and cut meat into cubes. Return meat to soup. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 24 servings (6 quarts).
- 2 pounds oxtails or meaty beef shanks
- 1-1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 6 quarts water
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- Chopped fresh parsley
All items are vacuum sealed and shipped in cardboard boxes with Green Cell Foam insulation. Green Cell Foam is a compostable, biodegradable alternative to Styrofoam, and a more environmentally-friendly way to ensure safe delivery of your order.
All orders will ship frozen from our Ranch in Strasburg, Colorado in a biodegradable Green Cell insulated, recycled cardboard box, with dry ice. Orders will be delivered frozen or very cold to the touch, depending on the time in transit. Orders are shipped on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week.